Here you can find answers to questions about how the board works. Use the links or search box below to find your way around.
Reviewing and Following the Site Rules and Standards of Conduct is Required by Members
These site rules must be followed by all members without exception to keep the site in an orderly and comfortable place for all to meet and share information.
If you choose not to follow the site rules, or disagree with the site rules or how the site is run or designed you can choose not to revisit the site again in the future. The site rules are designed to maintain harmony among members and discourage disputes and anarchy by members who intend to create disruption. This site is a sanctuary for peaceful learning through respectful dialog.
SymbolicLiving.com has rules on specific acts of conduct on the forum to keep things flowing in a manner that makes visiting to the forum pleasant for members.
General Site Rules:
1. Language and Posting - All posts must be written in English only. This is so the moderators are able to properly moderate all posts to the forum and ensure no improper activity or use of the forum occurs. No inappropriate, offensive language is allowed. By posting on the Symbolic Living Forum all members agree anything a member has posted in a thread and submitted may remain on the Symbolic Living site and posts will not be manually removed by member request. All posts are subject to being publicly available and viewable by guests and search engines. This site depends on discussions, thus removing a post from a thread that has been approved according to site rules, would interrupt the flow of the conversation in the thread. All posts made on the forum are voluntary and are not paid for or commissioned at any rate, nor will posts past, present or future be remunerated to the member who wrote the material.
2. Respect for Others. All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner. All members should respect and adhere to the promotion of harmony within the community. Do not attempt to disrupt the community in any way. No tone in any messages are allowed to be condescending in nature.
3. No "Flaming or Temper Flaring". Members are not allowed to post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or "flame" another member or guest or complain about another members posts or beliefs. Public complaints on others posts is forbidden. Please report any offensive posts to the forum moderators.
3.1 This forum forbids judgments and criticism of others legitimate ideas, posts and beliefs that relate to the various forum rooms available through Symbolic Living under the following - Any discussions on fundamentalist viewpoints, proselytizing, propaganda, self righteousness, bigotry, racism, discrimination, prejudice, suppressive dogma or suppression of others based on opinion or belief are expressly prohibited – there are many other web forums that allow those who wish to argue about such topics, this forum does not in any way support, encourage or allow such discussions to develop.
4. No "Trolling". No "Chaos" Allowed No members are to post any topic that disrupts the peace and harmony of this forum. Trying to prove someone's beliefs wrong? This isn't allowed here... any member who's posts are frequently focusing on proving other people's perspectives as wrong, debating in argumentative tone, will be moderated and if continued, banned. If a members intention are deemed by moderators or administrators or other members as to cause disharmony and discord, the member won't last here long and all their posts will be removed after being banned. All moderator and administrative decisions are final, and will not be entertained with debate. Never set someone up for debate by asking questions with an expected response to dispute. Absolutely no intentions of Chaos allowed on the site - Members who inflame chaos "for the pleasure of it" will have their accounts removed immediately, no questions asked. Do not create or continue meaningless threads with the sole purpose of starting or continuing a dispute or getting attention. This includes messages in profiles and signatures. No member is allowed to post controversial statements and topics that cause others to feel degraded, rejected, condescended or judged against. Never put someone elses words into your own context for the purposes of disputing their position. Focus on your own position, explain why. Focus on the self, rather than the other. Gossiping, personal accusations and third party accusations of any member or a members character is forbidden.
5. Topics - This forum is designed for discussions of Inspirational, Artistic and Meaningful subjects. All posts should have a positive intention of raising levels of awareness for your self and others. No promotion of Dark Arts is permitted on this forum. No member of the forum is to act as a teacher or leader on any subject, or as the authoritative conductor of any thread on the forum or blogs. Any member who may be depressed, suicidal or have a mental illness is discouraged from discussing these matters on the site with anyone; SymbolicLiving.com is not responsible for any actions taken by members who are enrolled in the site and who express their feelings on the site. Anyone with mental issues should contact a help professional in the field of psychiatry and related for psychological evaluation. No member of this site is to be construed as providing medical advice. Any medical discussions on the site are to be considered as non-authoritative and non-professional and can not be construed as professional medical or psychological advice. SymbolicLiving.com is not responsible for decisions or discussions made between members for their personal health or well being.
6. Keep Threads on Topic. This forum is about learning and growth to raise consciousness. According to the Forum, all threads must stay on topic. If you start a topic choose the Forum that is most appropriately related to your topic. You may email the administrator with a forum suggestion. This forum does not allow "noise", in other words, we will not provide a venue for individuals who post nonsense, babble, rambling-mixed subjects that are difficult to understand, follow or read. If a member demonstrates a habit of posting babbling, non-related subject matter, and generally writes with poor grammar, and goes on random tangents that have little to do with the focus of the forum, he or she may have their posts edited or removed. This site will not cater to users who write in a non-understandable manner to the average reader. If the behavior continues the member may be banned. If moderators continuously have difficulty correcting a members posts so that they are understandable to readers (members and public), the posts can be removed by a moderator or administrator at any time and the member may have membership access revoked. Moderators have the right to edit posts at any time so they are readable, and remove any writing that makes it difficult for readers to read subject matter on the site. We will not allow our server space to host nonsense, convoluted writing or writing that demonstrates a potentially negative impact on readership of members and guests.
6.1. Frequently on other forums, discussions topics go far off track which becomes very problematic for the reader and others wishing to discuss the topic. This makes it difficult for the member who wishes to learn information on topics, to find what they thought the topic would be about. Moderators will do their best to keep topics orderly to ease searching and finding appropriate information by members, however it is required that members follow the rules to ensure information is organized according to the topics you post. To be fair to all members, this forum will not tolerate discussions that lead off topic to a degree that leads to a few people arguing back and forth using harsh words and negativity. Topics are not allowed to become conversations that go off track or devolve to back and forth arguments between a few members of who is right and who is wrong. Topics that drastically change course from the starting topic due to a few members bantering back and forth will be subject to closing and posts removed. Such members who argue for the purpose of arguing or present in the manner of ego based self righteousness etc., will be banned and posts removed. This often happens in a number of other forums, but will not be tolerated at SymbolicLiving.com. Members who create such posts are subject to having memberships closed to the forum.
7. No "Spamming". Please do not double post or cross-post the same message in multiple forums. You must not mass-PM (private message) or mass-email multiple members of this site with the same message. You must not post for the sake of increasing your post count or "install" count. No advertising or promotion of other forums, facebook groups, social groups, yahoo groups, etc., online courses, membership sites, shops or sale items is allowed anywhere on the site.
8. No Offensive Material. Members must not post messages or images that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist, discriminatory, and/or otherwise violate of any local or international laws. This includes links in your signature, profile, posted images, photos and avatars. Staff will ultimately decide if something is appropriate or not.
9. No Plagiarism and/or copyright infringement. Copy/Pasted Materials: No spreading of any copyrighted material is to take place on this site without the expressed permission of the copyright holder, which must be attached to the material. Any copyrighted articles, information or works should be no more than 10 lines or 10% or less. Members must use reference to the author of any work and reference to the site, book or other work you have obtained information from. Links to external sites are not the responsibility of the Symbolic Living, as we can not control content on other domains, however we do ask that you use discretion in respect for the authors work. Please respect the work that goes into creating any article by acknowledging the author and not plagiarizing their work. Please respect this forum by not causing the information on this site to be on our servers illegally. Copy/Pasting: Please do not copy/paste material from Word Documents. It puts extensive, unnecessary code into our database which impacts the forum layout and functioning. If unnecessary code is embedded in messages frequently, the posts will be deleted, and the members account will be put in moderation mode, with messages reviewed before being allowed to post.If you copy/paste short snippets from another site (within site policy rules) you are required to clear all formatting before submission, as the code attached to many copy/pasted posts messes up the search engine and adds unnecessary code to the server database. Moderators have to manually clear formatting line by line once submitted which is a lengthy process. Members who repeatedly post copy/pasted material that adds unnecessary code will have posts deleted. You can paste your material in a Notepad document to clear formatting. Do not copy/paste lengthy materials. Please post a short snippet or quote only the important or relevant points you would like to share, and link to the source instead. **Please don't copy material from or link to other forums.
10. No Advertising or Trading. This site is not meant or provided as a market place. Any promotional threads will be closed and/or deleted. Links to competitor sites are prohibited. No links or references to metaphysical or spiritual forums or shops are permitted in profiles, signatures, posts or other areas of the forum. No links or references to online schools are permitted. To advertise visit the advertising section. Symbolic Living reserves the right to refuse any advertising requests.
11. Responsibility to Report - Members should immediately report posts or messages from any members that are offensive in any way or are spam advertising. Each thread has a button in the upper right hand corner - simply click to report a message. No member is to publicly disagree with administration or moderations. Issues with Admin decisions must be taken up in private by private messages, or with the contact us form.
12. Lessons & Courses. All courses are restricted to the Classrooms Terms and Conditions as outlined in Teacher and Student agreement forms applied to those involved in courses must adhere to the Symbolic Living Site Rules. No member is to act as a leader or teacher of any subject on this site except in the Classes upon successful acceptance of Teacher status.
Reviewing and Following the Site Rules is Required by all Members
Any threads or posts that do not follow the forum rules are subject to being removed, edited, moved or closed for any reason.
Members who do not follow forum rules are subject to being banned from the forum for any reason, without warning.
Staff decisions are final. Ultimately, staff has complete discretion over what is and is not acceptable on the site.
Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision, please discuss it directly with a member of the site administration team.
Members of SymbolicLiving.com and/or SymbolicLiving.com/forum are responsible for reviewing these Symbolic Living
General Site Rules. SymbolicLiving.com reserves the right to modify General Site
Rules at any time. Your continued use of the SymbolicLiving.com forum constitutes your
consent to such changes.
By using the forum you agree that any and all information you post anywhere in the forum, blogs, groups, classes, profiles, or any other area on the site is considered public domain within the Symbolic Living site.
You can remove from your profile any pictures in your albums, avatars, profile pictures at any time as you wish. Once you delete these, they are automatically and immediately removed from our servers. We encourage members to use an anonymous username and to not post any private, personal information on the site, such as addresses, phone numbers, etc., to protect your personal privacy. Symbolic Living is a public forum and will not be held responsible for anything you willingly post publicly or any result thereof. Any postings you choose to make on Symbolic Living are publicly viewable and whatever you post is available to be logged by the internet search engines such as google.
If you choose not to follow the site rules, or disagree with the site rules or how the site is run or designed you can choose not to revisit the site again in the future. The site rules are designed to maintain harmony among members and discourage disputes and anarchy by members who intend to create disruption. This site is a sanctuary for peace and learning through respectful dialog.
Upon Signing up to this site a member agrees to the following Forum Rule which includes agreement to all the information on this page.
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below and in the FAQ section here. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.
Although the administrators and moderators of the Symbolic Living forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Symbolic Living, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of Symbolic Living reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason. By posting on the Symbolic Living Forum members agree anything a member has posted and submitted may remain on the Symbolic Living site and will not be manually removed by request.