Thread: What will it matter in 100 years?

☥ Self-proclaimed Tree Hugger, Yogi wannabe, spiritual Celtaur's Avatar
    Canada, it's warming up. The sun is shining. The birds are singing.
    Karma Sharing Power

Default What will it matter in 100 years?

A friend of mine often makes this statement, in response to things in life that shouldn't be worried about. She asks "What will (or does) it matter in 100 years?"

How would you respond to this question and how would this change your perception and decisions you make in life on a daily basis?
    The Meaning of Life is to Eat the Apple - Me

Wisdom comes from asking questions

Nothing really matters, love is all we need. - Madonna

I predict the weather will be unpredictable this year - Sylvia Browne

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind - Gandhi

If it doesn't make sense, it's usually not true. - Judge Judy

Neophyte
    Karma Sharing Power

Sacred Sound, Yoga, Manifestation A Twist On My Perspective

One of the things I like to do, in the midst of chaos, is to ask myself: If I were going to die today, and my life flashed before my eyes, is this incident big enough to make an appearance? Almost always, the answer is no. It then leads me into wondering why we make such a big deal about things. Some of the answers I've come up with are: to make our lives seem more interesting than they are, because we can't handle change, it makes a better story to re-tell...I was soooo scared, upset, whatever, and it puts us firmly in the center of attention. That's a spot so many revere. Sometimes it brings our fears to light. It's an interesting topic to think about. Thanks Celtaur.

Karma Sharing Power

If it won't matter in a hundred years, should it matter now? There's the rub, of course. It may not have any earth shaking importance, but it may be the flutter of the butterfly's wing that sets off the storm. Everything that is happening now deserves our attention.. but perhaps not for the reasons we give it usually, as HuongNhien says!
    "Ah, Love, Could thou and I conspire, To grasp this sorry scheme of things entire, Would we not shatter it to bits, And then rebuild it nearer to the hearts desire?"
    Omar Khyyaam of Naishapur

Neophyte
    Karma Sharing Power

Sacred Sound, Yoga, Manifestation

You're right, of course Echo about the now. And one of the biggest challenges in life is discerning the importance of an event. Is it more fluff, or is the universe sending me a message? We must listen very carefully before dismissing it.

Karma Sharing Power

It is difficult to see the full import of any event, I think, as one cannot see where each minute thread of action and reaction may lead.

If I am late for a meeting, it may not matter.. but being late for a meeting, they may start or stop a chain of events, meetings, chance words and coincidences that lead to great medical advances, for example.. even if it is miles away and hundreds of people and encounters away and seemingly unconnected.

I think the trick is to treat everything we try to do with the attention it would get if it were genuinely important, and give of our best.. yet to stop fretting over the 'silly things' in life.
    "Ah, Love, Could thou and I conspire, To grasp this sorry scheme of things entire, Would we not shatter it to bits, And then rebuild it nearer to the hearts desire?"
    Omar Khyyaam of Naishapur

Karma Sharing Power

I'm an emotional being. I live so much of my time in my emotional body, and as such care greatly about the welfare of others. Whether that's directly or indirectly.
    I'm aware that every word spoken to another may have an impact on their day, how they then approach others in their life and in turn that has an ongoing effect.
    How can I know where this chain will end? I can't.
    But I'm unable to detach from the importance of being fully present and aware of the consequences of my words and actions.

Maybe I care too much... if that's possible. I do tend to give my own energy away to others in the pursuit of ongoing happiness and positivity, robbing myself of time and thought for my health.
    I'm no martyr, I have had times in my past and no doubt in my present when I've given less than is appropriate, said harsh words or doubted when I should have believed.

But as much as possible I believe that we should be aware of consequences. Let go of knowing what they might be and just pour positivity into our connections with others and ...yes (ouch!) ourselves.

Taking the care to 'T'ai Chi' walk on the earth and through our lives can only promote ongoing love.

Karma Sharing Power

With 2012 approaching a lot of things that are started over the next few years will have impact for I feel more then 100 afterwards. Also as part of my personal preference but still definate is the continuation and advancement of Franz Bardon's teachings and also Thelema. It is the spiritual and magickal which will prosper more and more because the 'world' is becoming more conducive to its development.

Initiate
    Karma Sharing Power

Chi, Yin-Yang, Non-Duality, Unity

Quote Originally Posted by Celtaur View Post
    A friend of mine often makes this statement, in response to things in life that shouldn't be worried about. She asks "What will (or does) it matter in 100 years?"

How would you respond to this question and how would this change your perception and decisions you make in life on a daily basis?

Our future generation, our children's children matters in 100 years.

Thread Information