Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 777

Karma Sharing Power

Thank you Haruth for clarifying.
    If something constantly appears to me I am going to seek it out.
    I like this song by Danzig called 777, and when I read about Crowley
    I noticed that he had written a book entitled Liber 777....
    I saw it in a picture of a tattoo recently
    (the number 777 inside of a horseshoe)
    and that is what started it. I
    wondered, is 777 a lucky number?
    what does this number mean?

Celtaur,
    I have thought of the number 3 as it relates to 777:
    (7+7+7=21 2+1=3)
    3 numbers that reduce to the number 3.
    There are 3 phases of the moon,
    In the Kaballah three represents understanding and the trinity of male, female and uniting intelligence.
    The number 3 is associated with triple deities.

In Gematria using the Greek system the name Jesus
    (
    IhsouV in Greek) adds up to 888.
    In Christianity if 666 represents Satan (man "beast") and 888 is jesus,
    then would 777 be god? (Consider if you will how the number 7 is viewed in the bible:
    Seven, is regarded as the number of spiritual perfection and of god)
    Although personally I am not interested in 777 as it relates to Christianity.

Karma Sharing Power

Best explanation for 666 I've heard before is Arcanum 6 (struggle between love and pleasure) in the head, the heart, and the sex. The Lucifer is the deceiver, but it takes two to deceive. Beast is just something not HuMan, unattached to the Human Soul/Karma, so it can bring wrath and do what naturally has to be done for the sake of karma.

Remember the mark of 7 Ps on Dante's forehead? I wouldn't think this having anything to do with the 7 sins, actually, but rather more likely to be about the Arcanum 7 (The Chariot/Triumph/Strength) being on the head, the heart, and the sex. People that do alchemy say they receive Arcanum 7 after transmuting their sexual energies. They say that by looking deep within the human organism and the seed you find the philosophy stone/vitriol.

Actually the seven vices can be thought of as being transmutable with the Vitriol/Philosophy Stone.
    Avarice=>Hope/Altruism
    Laziness=>Diligence
    Lust=>Chastity/Charity
    Pride=>Faith/Humility
    Anger=>ForceofLove
    Envy=>Philanthropy/HappinessforOthers
    Gluttony=>Temperance

There are seven musical notes/seven colors of solar prism/seven chakras
    Last edited by InnerSpirit; 02-24-2009 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Inappropriate link removed - see site rules on posting links

Karma Sharing Power

I always thought of 777 as Jesus' mythological response to Satan's 666, both just being references to transcendent schools of thought.

I once ran out of gas in front of a house numbered 777. It turns out the house was no normal house but some kind of center ran by a Christian church, and they came out and offered me help but I told them I already had some on the way and thanked them. Then when my friend got there and help me fill my tank, I took him out and bought him and myself a hot dog at a store I'd only been to once before and have never been to since, and the combined total was $7.77. I can't say what that should be worth to anyone else but to me the numbers carried significance related to the whole experience. Maybe it does have something to do with luck.

Crowley's 777 is just a massive collection of magickal associations. He explained in his other writings that his rituals were only about bring about a certain state of mind, and during these rituals everything must be used to bring about this state of mind. For this reason he offers huge lists of associations to help us find the right symbols for our expressions, the symbols having different but harmonious "vibes" as he organizes them. The number "7" is an especially mystical number, and any number is a symbol for quantity foremost. 7 + 7 + 7 = 28; 2 + 8 = 10 = 1 numerologically, maybe this is the basis for saying all the associations (mystical symbols) were united together as one volume.

Karma Sharing Power

uh..7+7+7 = 21/3..initiation, opposition, integration..also creativity and self-expression etc etc
    "The deepest reality you are aware of is the one from which you draw your power."

~D. Chopra

Karma Sharing Power

Quote Originally Posted by Briony Haldane View Post
    uh..7+7+7 = 21/3..initiation, opposition, integration..also creativity and self-expression etc etc
    Oops, I was thinking of 7x4 instead of 7x3. My mistake, nevermind my wandering thoughts.

Karma Sharing Power

LOL, it happens, don't worry..but I couldn't let anyone think that we all read it without going..."Huh"
    "The deepest reality you are aware of is the one from which you draw your power."

~D. Chopra

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information