+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Solar Plexus Chakra exercise

Karma Sharing Power

Default Solar Plexus Chakra exercise

MANIPURA - THE SOLAR PLEXUS CHAKRA

Symbolised by a lotus with ten petals, the colour that corresponds to Manipura is yellow.

The solar plexus chakra is located between the naval and the base of the sternum. It is associated with dynamism, energy and will-power and defines our self-esteem, the personality (ego) that develops during puberty is housed in this chakra.

It is related to the metabolic and digestive systems and is believed to correspond to Islets of Langerhans which are groups of cells in the pancreas, as well as the outer adrenal glands and the adrenal cortex. These play a valuable role in digestion, the conversion of food matter into energy for the body.

Key issues governed by Manipura are issues of personal power, fear, anxiety, opinion-formation, introversion, and transition from simple or base emotions to complex.

Physically, Manipura governs digestion, mentally it governs personal power, emotionally it governs expansiveness, and spiritually, all matters of growth.

Meditation on: I do

Balancing this Chakra is associated with calming emotions and frustration, easing tension and helping to better utilise intuition.

Imagine this chakra as a vibrant, glowing sun that is hovering just outside you at the location of your solar plexus. Feel its warm and energy and just be with it for a few minutes.

When you are ready allow it to slowly enter you and again just be with it for a few minutes. If you wish you can invite it to travel throughout your body. Note any resistance as it travels but try not to hold any thoughts as to why you feel some resistance.

Now imagine this beautiful glowing sun rising up into your chest and spreading out its energy and warmth. As it travels further up your body feel it reach the top of your shoulders and then travel all the way down each of your arms, right to the very ends of your fingertips, your nails and through every bone and sinew that is the physical you.

Now see it moving up further, it's in your head and it's amazing, invigorating, strengthening and inspiring. It keeps moving...down your back, all the way to your toes and then back up again to your root chakra, sacral chakra until it's completed a full circuit.

Again just be with it for a few moments before you end your meditation in your usual manner.

Karma Sharing Power

I forgot to mention that this basic meditation is good for when you're feeling a bit sluggish. I find this chakra energy invigorates and 'recharges' me quite quickly.

At the moment I'm doing it in short 5 min bursts as and when I feel the need. Have a dose of 'flu so doing a full meditation without coughing and spluttering is out the window!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information