+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Asteroids in the Natal Chart

Apprentice
    Karma Sharing Power

Astrology, Sun, Oneness Asteroids in the Natal Chart

I am a bit sadden to see that there are not more posts in this section. So, to get things started, I would like to start a topic on the asteroids in the natal chart.

Do those of you who erect charts use these Arabic parts in your interpretations?

☥ Self-proclaimed Tree Hugger, Yogi wannabe, spiritual Celtaur's Avatar
    Canada, it's warming up. The sun is shining. The birds are singing.
    Karma Sharing Power

Astrology, Sun, Oneness

I don't know anything about Arabic astrology.

Chiron I believe is considered an asteroid, is the only one I am slightly familiar with. It is in my 10th house (along with my sun), in Taurus. Chiron symbolizes healing as a major theme from my understanding. My natal chart doesn't really go into it in detail though.

It's interesting you bring up asteroids in a natal chart, something not spoken of often in Western Astrology from my experience (which is definitely limited though). Since watching the first few videos of the Legends of Atlantis series I've been wondering about the mention of the planet between Mars and Jupiter that supposedly crumbled, and created the asteroid belt. There are so many pieces... if it were true that it once was a planet, would all those pieces hold that same energy of whatever that planet may have I wonder?
    The Meaning of Life is to Eat the Apple - Me

Wisdom comes from asking questions

Nothing really matters, love is all we need. - Madonna

I predict the weather will be unpredictable this year - Sylvia Browne

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind - Gandhi

If it doesn't make sense, it's usually not true. - Judge Judy

Karma Sharing Power

A very interesting question Celtaur! Do you mean Maldek?

Justyne, I have learned about the location of the asteroid Vesta in my chart. This was of great interest to me as it relates to how a woman's priestess energy will be expressed. My Vesta is in Virgo, which resonates greatly for me. This was validation and confirmation of things I had long felt and provided me with another layer of self-awareness.
    Last edited by Briony Haldane; 03-13-2009 at 01:13 PM. Reason: forgot to ask about Maldek

Apprentice
    Karma Sharing Power

Astrology, Sun, Oneness I do not know much about asteroids either too many and too much to remember.

I personally thinks asteroids need to reevaluate for their importance in a natal chart especially female charts. Those that are of great importance for women issues are Ceres, Pallas (Athena), Juno and Vesta.

You are correct Celtar about Chiron being an asteroid. It is known as "the wounded healer". Chiron, immortal son of Kronos (Saturn), governs healing and relationships; he teaches us, as he did with Jason, Achilles and Heracles, to fulfill our ultimate potential. He is a knowledge holder who transmits higher teachings either as an outer teacher (Saturn) or as an inner teacher or spirit guide (Uranus). Embodying the archetype of "the wounded healer", Chiron stresses the importance of going within to find an answer – and then sharing it with others.

Chiron being in your 10th house means Career and public prestige are the battlegrounds with this placement. Yes, this is a great placement for running an organization in the medical or healing field, but frequently, no matter what the career, someone with a 10th house Chiron will feel that they are taking care of everybody and everything else except themselves. As usual, there will frequently be an uncanny ability to help everyone else succeed better than they could ever have done themselves. It could also work out the other way. There may be a total rejection of any sort of ambition or responsibility, most likely due to fear of failure. Perhaps the parents pushed you too hard to succeed and really got on your case when you slipped up (or even when you didn't). The other side of the coin is that some parents don't want their children to succeed and always put them down. You can get either reaction to an upbringing of that nature: a compulsive need to achieve or a rejection of any success or responsibility.

And Chiron being in the sign Taurus is the sign of money and resources and it shows our ability to possess things. It also shows what we instinctively value, including ourselves. This is the sign that gives us our gut level sense of self-worth. Chiron here can give us a miser's urge to hold on to every penny while denying ourselves any of life's pleasures, or a rejection of "those low, materialistic values" and, consequently, a life of poverty. And guess what? Deep down inside, both are the same. They both deny themselves pleasure and enjoyment because they don't value themselves. Of course, as always with Chiron, there is the ability to give good advise to everyone else concerning their material needs and sense of self worth. People with Chiron in Taurus have to learn how to enjoy the basic physical pleasures of life. They won't be able to do this, however, until they deal with their damaged sense of self-worth.

Celtar it would help even more if I knew the aspects to Chiron.

BRIONY

This is what I learned about Vesta. In the chart,
    it shows where and how we can be dedicated, where we can focus our energies to the greatest effect. But it also shows where, periodically, we have to withdraw and "recharge our batteries." If we don't, we will become drained, and even sick. It has an effect on our sexuality, but it is not the raw, animal drive of Mars or Pluto. It is more of a reasoned choice, which is in tune with Vesta's affinity with the sign of Virgo.(which is why it is in a good placement for you Briony) Vesta being in Virgo focuses on details. Good for any project requiring precision and attention to detail. Now what we really need is the house it is in to give you a full idea of healing.

Karma Sharing Power

Yes Justyne, knowing about this placement was very helpful to me in deciding how to use my energy both in my hobbies and professional life.

Karma Sharing Power

Qabalah, Tree of Life, Sacred Geometry Arabian parts

Namaste all,

I have only been studying astrology for the last six months or so, but have been studying very heavily, book after book, and our on-line course. I know briefly of the Arabian parts, but cannot say how many there actually are. The Part of Fortune is used mostly, but there is the Part of Death, Part of Sickness, Part of Surgery, and it goes on and on. They are sensitive parts on the chart that have many uses. Medical astrology uses the ones I mentioned above. They are very valuable assets to use when interpreting a chart, especially in horary, predictive, or medical astrology. I believe it is very important to consider all aspects of the chart, even the asteroids, especially for me, since I don't start seeing aspects like Grand Trines until I include the asteroids; even fixed stars play a part. The list could be infinite. What about black holes? There may be something important in space we have yet to discover that is significant. It may seem tedious and infinite in nature, but I think people who enjoy astrology enjoy all these infinite possiblities. That's what makes astrology so fun.

Blessings,

Mervakah

Karma Sharing Power

Default Re: Arabian parts

Very interesting, my chiron is in taurus, and as a fire sign i need to be grounded, and have an interest in herbology.
    My vest/pallas athena is n sagittarius, my moon sign of spiritual magic, and I do like Brigid.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information