Thread: Feathers

Karma Sharing Power

Nature, Environment, Healing, Holistic Feathers

A few weeks ago I realised I hadn't seen a feather in the garden for about 18 months. I don't know why the thought popped into my mind but it did.

Within the past fortnight I've been presented with 8 feathers - 3 white feathers which all curl up at either end, one large grey and white one and 4 Swallow feathers. The latter have particularly lifted my spirits as I was nursing a Swallow with a damaged wing but sadly he died two days ago - three of the Swallow feathers came to me yesterday and I've just crossed path with the fourth.

Today, when cleaning one of the bedrooms, a guest from the UK had left a magazine so I put it to one side to flick through later. I've now skimmed through it (most of it's pretty tacky) but there was this one article on Angels which caught my eye.
    Gloria Hunniford, a UK tv presenter, was quoted and she said that her late daughter, Caron Keating, believed 'feathers were calling cards from Angels'.

In a tv interview Ms Hunniford also said, 'It's extraordinary because I am constantly finding isolated feathers, including one in the studio today - even though there were no feathers around.'

'One feather fell at my feet the day of Caron's funeral... I find it a great comfort.'
    I think this is something I am meant to pursue so I'd be interested in knowing what do feathers mean to you? Do you believe 'they're calling cards from Angels'? Is there a difference between the type and size of feather or how it's presented to you? Should you always pick it up or leave it? Do you use feathers in ritual?
    Land, Ho!
    (Ellan Vannin)

"It’s clad in purple mist, my land,
    In regal robe it is apparellèd,
    A crown is set upon its head,
    And on its breast a golden band—
    Land, ho! land. "
    TE Brown

Bards

""O Hear the voice of the Bard
    Who present, past and future sees,
    Whose ears have heard the holy Word,
    That walked among the ancient trees..."

William Blake

--------------------------------------------------
    "Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings when the dawn is still dark.”
    Rabindranath Tagore

Karma Sharing Power

Default feathers

Feathers relate to air and communication and yes bird guides or angels. Specifically to you the swallow feather was its calling card. So that feather was meant for you to take. Similarly if you had a connection such as dreaming about or seeing the same type of bird. One author C. Pencak works with Macha goddess who is a black raven who leaves him feathers on his window screen. You can make it into an animal fetish for shamanism work, use it as a sage fan, or convert it into a "modern pen".

Karma Sharing Power

Default Re: feathers

I found an Eagle feather many years ago,and it found me.I valued it for a few years. I moved away from my country, and I ceremoniously burnt it, around 8 years ago.My husband asked me why I did not give it as gift to someone.As well he said, that this was black magic in essence. I have to admit that I seem to have much more Bad Luck than ever before since that burning. He says I have to find a way to give an apology for this action. I personnally feel now that it was the wrong thing to do. Any wisdom out there , how I can say sorry ?

Karma Sharing Power

Hi Anna

Interesting question. And I have given it much thought,

An eagle feather is a very rare and sacred object in many cultures. Indeed, to find one, is regarded as a powerful message - both to the inner psyche and to the external persona of the individual who receives it,

Seems to me that by burning the feather, subconsciously we have rejected whatever the message was that was received. The run of bad luck is, IMO, the external manifestation of the subconscious regret at allowing you to reject the message.

I'd recommend meditating on the moment you found the feather. What feelings and emotions can you recall? What do you think the message could have been?

Saying sorry about the action could come in many forms. You may find the answer through meditation, or you may choose to donate your time to a cause that you feel attracted to, but just haven't had the courage to take that first step.

Courage is usually part of the message of Eagle - as is new beginnings, creativity, and spirtual awakening. So your "apology" may be in taking that art course you have always wanted to, looking deeply at your spiritual motives and expanding your expression of it, or simply allowing yourself the courage to be yourself!

Good luck. The power that was in your hands, is still with you. You just need to come to that realistion, and ACT!!!

Much love and light,
    xx

Apprentice
    Karma Sharing Power

Sometimes a feather is only a feather ... Like the time you was a little girls and the branches of a great tree at night were transformed into slithering snakes and then back again back to branches

intent is the continuing bow the arrows are focus and the birds are targets to your minds eye..........say goodbye to childhood dreams instead.....live the dream don't just think it.

Karma Sharing Power

Default Re: Feathers

I love feathers! I will always notice them when others walk right on by. When I see a feather it makes me feel gloriously alive somehow. When I find one and feel the need to pick it up, it's like I can FEEL the soaring life force behind it. I agree that some feathers are just feathers but when you have one drop in your lap, fall at your feet, or find one in a place it shouldn't be found, then there is a message with those particular feathers and it is just for you. You do have to acknowledge it and try to think about what it means to you so you can realize the reason that this particular feather finds you to pin a sticky note on. If you find a sticky note that someone else put on your fridge you would be reading it so why not read or in this case, FEEL what the feather represents to you on that day, at that time. A little quiet meditation should help connect you to your feathers meaning.

I have an ostrich feather that I use for fanning my incense. When I use the ostrich feather for this purpose it makes me feel like I'm doing something good and pure.

Blessings and Light to you

Karma Sharing Power

I don't think the feather burning is what is hindering you or bringing about bad luck but I do think, you think it is. I believe it is your subconscious giving you signs that you need to pay attention to. You don't need the feather to meditate you only need to find the message. You should try to look within to see just what that feather represented to you when you found it. The feather is gone but the message is still in your subconscious and apparently still struggling to be heard.

Feeling better could be as simple as setting up some feeders for the birds that need your help or looking into an area of conservation that means something to you. Either way, good luck and I hope somebody on the boards here has/will offer insight for you that "fits" and works for you. In the end, it is all up to you and what you do about it.

Thread Information