Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you deal with people against you?

Neophyte
    Karma Sharing Power

Default Re: You agree with them

Just still be friendly approached though you want snap him/her....

Karma Sharing Power

Default Re: How do you deal with people against you?

Quote Originally Posted by Celtaur View Post
    and when it's family???
    Send loving thoughts to them, Celtaur... (I know it sounds airy fairy, but it really does help... honest!)

☥ Self-proclaimed Tree Hugger, Yogi wannabe, spiritual Celtaur's Avatar
    Canada, it's warming up. The sun is shining. The birds are singing.
    Karma Sharing Power

Thank you for the kind words and support. I have found that I am often being pressured to believe a certain way by family, and although I can say I love them, I feel like I really don't like them that much, and I think that's fair, or at least honest.

The earthquake in Japan yesterday and tsunami is a tragedy, yet people I know who have certain beliefs about the meaning of life chalk it up to "God being fed up with the way the world is" and "The end is coming soon and people will be surprised when they find out they weren't following what they should be" and I find that is a completely unfair approach to considering fellow humanity. So many innocent people die in tragedies, and to globalize idea's and apply their own idea's about "What God thinks" really makes me feel angry. It's not what God thinks, it's what they think and how they view the world, they just attach their version of God to their own idea's, which are not all too compassionate. It's hard to send loving thoughts to people when they continue to say things that are so irritating.

Globalizing the idea on events such as the earthquake and tsunami is just an extended example of the kind of rhetoric that seems to creep into conversations regularly. When these kinds of idea's are constantly brought forth on a personal level it's even tougher to listen to. It's a peer pressure thing and it can be not only overwhelming but I feel divisive on a deep level, like they know it's fingernails going down a chalk board to me, yet they can't respect my own beliefs enough to just leave it alone. That kind of lack of respectfulness continues to extend the disharmony and quite frankly makes me want to step away and not interact. Considering visiting is less of a joy, and more about stress I find.

I'm tired of the doomsdayer/judgmental mentality and the pressure to conform to such a negative view on life.

It's not easy to send loving thoughts when I feel I'm on the defensive all the time about my personal beliefs.

I thought trying to be positive and seeing the world in a lighter way, would bring about more light, building bridges, not walls.

I think the lessons are ongoing, there's no easy way to overcome the differences. The lessons keep coming up.
    The Meaning of Life is to Eat the Apple - Me

Wisdom comes from asking questions

Nothing really matters, love is all we need. - Madonna

I predict the weather will be unpredictable this year - Sylvia Browne

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind - Gandhi

If it doesn't make sense, it's usually not true. - Judge Judy

Karma Sharing Power

Brother Celtaur,

I beg you to stand steadfast in your beliefs. Let no man make you believe anything you are not willing too. There are dark forces out there whom corrupt the minds of those who are weak of spirit and soul. The seeds of corruption will only spread it further. Stay on the path, and follow the Light. This talk of judgment day and the doom of man will calm once 2012 passes like any other year. Do not show weakness, stay strong in your way Brother.

Mathew 5:39

Your family is trying to assure your salvation in the only way they know how. You may blame them for ignorance, but blame them not for wanting you with them after death. Assure them that you follow the Light, that you seek to improve the quality of life for yourself and others, and that God will recognize this. Remind them that God forgives, and regardless of your differing paths to enlightenment, God will understand, and if he does not, he is not God and you need not worry.

God is with you my Brother, Mathew 5:14-16.

Karma Sharing Power

Quote Originally Posted by Celtaur View Post
    Thank you for the kind words and support. I have found that I am often being pressured to believe a certain way by family, and although I can say I love them, I feel like I really don't like them that much, and I think that's fair, or at least honest.

The earthquake in Japan yesterday and tsunami is a tragedy, yet people I know who have certain beliefs about the meaning of life chalk it up to "God being fed up with the way the world is" and "The end is coming soon and people will be surprised when they find out they weren't following what they should be" and I find that is a completely unfair approach to considering fellow humanity. So many innocent people die in tragedies, and to globalize idea's and apply their own idea's about "What God thinks" really makes me feel angry. It's not what God thinks, it's what they think and how they view the world, they just attach their version of God to their own idea's, which are not all too compassionate. It's hard to send loving thoughts to people when they continue to say things that are so irritating.

Globalizing the idea on events such as the earthquake and tsunami is just an extended example of the kind of rhetoric that seems to creep into conversations regularly. When these kinds of idea's are constantly brought forth on a personal level it's even tougher to listen to. It's a peer pressure thing and it can be not only overwhelming but I feel divisive on a deep level, like they know it's fingernails going down a chalk board to me, yet they can't respect my own beliefs enough to just leave it alone. That kind of lack of respectfulness continues to extend the disharmony and quite frankly makes me want to step away and not interact. Considering visiting is less of a joy, and more about stress I find.

I'm tired of the doomsdayer/judgmental mentality and the pressure to conform to such a negative view on life.

It's not easy to send loving thoughts when I feel I'm on the defensive all the time about my personal beliefs.

I thought trying to be positive and seeing the world in a lighter way, would bring about more light, building bridges, not walls.

I think the lessons are ongoing, there's no easy way to overcome the differences. The lessons keep coming up.

True that!!! However to keep people from getting under the skin, it is important to separate them from your thought patterns. One of my teachers explained that we have control over who we allow to orbit close to us. So, put them out in pluto's orbit. They are still part of the universe of all beings, but far enough away to have little effect on your day to day business. See them only when necessary or when you feel up to it.

As you said, they create their reality. We can give support, send loving thoughts, and be respectful, but we don't have climb in bed with them or let them control us.

The hardest thing to do is to let them wallow in their misery. We want to help them and for them to be happy. They may learn from our example and then they may not. Jesus just walked away from those who didn't get it and probably never will. It might become necessary to remind them that you have chosen your belief system and that you expect them to respect that as you respect their belief system.

It is their choice to make, just as you have made your choice. You cannot change them and do not let them change you.

Karma Sharing Power

I should have said Sun Tzu's "Art of War" would be good reading material is you HAVE to "deal" with people who are against you.

It would definitely be easier just to agree with them and avoid conflict. But sometimes that isn't so easy.

☥ Self-proclaimed Tree Hugger, Yogi wannabe, spiritual Celtaur's Avatar
    Canada, it's warming up. The sun is shining. The birds are singing.
    Karma Sharing Power

Quote Originally Posted by bsbray View Post
    I should have said Sun Tzu's "Art of War" would be good reading material is you HAVE to "deal" with people who are against you.

It would definitely be easier just to agree with them and avoid conflict. But sometimes that isn't so easy.
    I haven't had a chance to read it yet. Agreeing with people can't always be the best choice though, by reaffirming other people's ideas it may fuel their intentions and peer pressure. Should I have to deny myself of my own truth and pretend to accept or adopt another's? Isn't that what happened when the Roman's spread Christianity? If everyone laid down, or hid, their own beliefs to agree with others enforced on them, would we live in a different world now since WWII?
    The Meaning of Life is to Eat the Apple - Me

Wisdom comes from asking questions

Nothing really matters, love is all we need. - Madonna

I predict the weather will be unpredictable this year - Sylvia Browne

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind - Gandhi

If it doesn't make sense, it's usually not true. - Judge Judy

Karma Sharing Power

Eye, Ancient Mysteries, Psychic Some answers...

How do you deal with people in your life that demand you to not be who you are?
    Perhaps communicate with them. By communicating you will learn how you can at least relatively be around them by learning what subjects about you they like etc. So you can learn how to be yourself and not offend them. So you might insult them as you feel around to see what they accept and don't accept. But perhaps a compromise could be worked out..Like this, at first you may have to suppress some things that just feel important. But at the same time you can concentrate on the other parts of you that they like and that you accept. You can converse and strengthen these parts in understanding and perspective as you talk on the subject. Also, they may not even like to talk to you. So give up trying to be somebody in the context of who they think you are, and just try to be truthful to yourself while being in the presence of these people. In the future you can better learn how to deal with the situation by perhaps avoiding them, and attracting new types into your life!

How do you deal with people who are conditioned to believe your personal spiritual path is wrong, and insist on dominating your will?
    Well I assume you ask this because you probably have to be around them. If you don't have to, then maybe just avoid attracting this type of energy by focusing your goals elsewhere to brighter horizons, and introduce new people into your reality. So, I don't think you really want to be around these people. And you do want to be around people who support your spiritual path and encourage growth. Because spirituality is very important and it is wonderful to be able to grow in the direction you desire. Stop trying to prove that your path is valid to the people that hinder you if you do not want to go through the pain if introducing new concepts into different frameworks of reality. Go to where you want to be.

How do you deal with people in your life that demand you to not be who you are?
    Well as a teen and kid I was very artistic-as a kid- and very spiritual as a teen. I could not share this with my parents because they were not in the same type of energy framework that I was in. I believe they would have discouraged me from further creative activity. If I would have shared with them my art, even if they complemented it, I would still be able to see their non-understanding, and this would make me angry, because truly they did not appreciate it, and did not know who I was. I have met however further down the road very eccentric people that really spark life and inspiration in me. And eccentric is what I need because I believe in issues of minority in all people not being recognized and I need to be with people who understand me.
    How do you deal with people who are conditioned to believe your personal spiritual path is wrong, and insist on dominating your will?
    Pleasantly understand that they are not on a spiritual path that believes in respecting all people. Consider this as a wrong, and integrate it into your own understanding of how to deal with people. It may come handy in the future. Try not to deal with them by going forward, and not going backward. Manifest, don't muddle. Positive...does not always equal a Hitler like attitude of not acknowledgeing many differences by graciously going forward into the light. I believe that one must realize he himself is unique, and very normal as it is attributed with The Reality of God... etc. as all beings are... yet we are all different. so... ya.

Karma Sharing Power

Default Re: Some answers...

Have you tried telling your family how you feel? Maybe explain to them that visiting is becoming such a chore and that their pushing their beliefs on you is having a negative affect on your morale. In other words have you tried talking to them?

Karma Sharing Power

Default Re: You agree with them

I dont know all the details to your situation but when people try to force their religions on me I have a rather small yet wonderful quote from Gandhi I like to remind them of "GOD has no religion" and yet I do run into those who would love to argue that point and I pity them. There are going to moments in yours and pretty much everyones lives when they try to enlighten an already closed mind and that is when I agree with Jesus when he said something about casting pearls to swine or something along those lines First and foremost never lose faith in what you believe in Everyone has the right to go to their creator in any way they see fit

Blessed Be

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information