Thread: Kabbalah Red Bracelet - Talismans

☥ Self-proclaimed Tree Hugger, Yogi wannabe, spiritual Celtaur's Avatar
    Canada, it's warming up. The sun is shining. The birds are singing.
    Karma Sharing Power

Qabalah, Tree of Life, Sacred Geometry Kabbalah Red Bracelet - Talismans

Does this work? Is it real, or superstition?

Do you find talismans are authentic or bear mainly psychological implications to the user?

I've looked up many, looking at the images and they seem so different, with many likely to be just for commercial purposes.

What is an authentic Kabbalah bracelet?

This one looks most simple and basic, which would lead me to think it is more authentic. It doesn't have charms attached to it as I've seen many others do.

The Meaning of Life is to Eat the Apple - Me

Wisdom comes from asking questions

Nothing really matters, love is all we need. - Madonna

I predict the weather will be unpredictable this year - Sylvia Browne

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind - Gandhi

If it doesn't make sense, it's usually not true. - Judge Judy

Karma Sharing Power

Speaking of the Evil Eye in another thread...
    Evil Eye and Hexes

So does this Kabbalah bracelet really fend off these types of energies, I guess in like a synchronistic way by assisting in putting out an aura, like a shield?

I've seen some sites that sell these and it seems flaky. Some have charms and they all seem to look different. I think there must be a standard type instead of these ones people are making by jumping on the bandwagon of capitalism to try to make a buck. Ughh.

I would suspect making your own would be powerful, but placing the right energy into it may not be in tune with what the bracelet is really meant to do. You'd have to be sure you have a real awareness of what the Evil Eye really is all about, and then I guess you shouldn't bother wearing one anyway if you don't have a clear idea of what the Evil Eye is. I guess that's the first step... I do wonder however though, is ignorance bliss? I mean if you focus on learning what the Evil Eye is, it kind of draws you into that awareness and thus creates a type of aura of fear of it I would think. By not thinking about it, or even considering it as real, could that be a more powerful route of warding any "potential" of it off?

I wonder too if having one made by a Kaballist (is that the right spelling?) who is fully versed in it would be correct. Would it be that it's not as much the bracelet itself, but rather the energy infused in it as a talisman that is what makes it powerful?

Or after all is said and done, is it just a fashion accessory with a bunch of superstition. I don't know... after discussing the Evil Eye in another thread and realizing what it is, or at least "getting" to realize what it is more, I don't consider it so much superstition... maybe though the talisman itself would be the superstition?

Initiate
    Karma Sharing Power

The Kabbalah red bracelet would be no different than a voodoo protection talismans from an African tribe, but Celtaur if you are serious about aquiring one of these talismans, I may recommend obtaining one from a well known source that you trust, and is known to do no harm on anyone.

Celtaur I would believe that if you so believe it to be true it will be true. I would also imagine that how we feel about something would activate a response within our brain causing a psychological reaction, I call it faith. Their are people who do have the power to charm spells for protection or misfortune, I believe that the divine or malevolent energy that is put into the object would do the job providing the individual who wears the object has faith. I remember being part of this meditation group last year that was hosted by disciples of Sri Chimoy, Sri Chimoy was a self realized spiritual master from Bengali India who devoted his life to peace, meditation, and God. The energy that I felt from his devoted disciples was nothing more than peace. Even the picture of this spiritual master radiated peace. I understand that their are individuals who do have this type of occult power that exists in all of us and they know how to use it. Some people are born with the awareness because its part of their family heritage/culture, and some people discover it because they have an interest in esoteric studies like many who are members of this forum and others like it, and are just looking to talk about, & develop it.

Their are allot of on line advertisements that are run by psychic/spiritual healing groups who do charge large sums of money for these kinds of protection, money, love, healing etc spells. I would imagine some of these are genuine healers trying to make a living, but how to know weather any of these are legitimate or not would be my guess, I assume Celtaur you would just have to take your chance. On line testimonies from people who claim they have been helped may very well be part of their advertisements and hold no real value. I personally don't practise any form of witchcraft or do spell work, I personally think people should learn to meditate and get in touch with their own soul for true guidance instead of invoking spirits that are bound to the earth, and will mislead those who summon them. Allot of these groups that do use occult methods on people to help them seem to only care about making the money and not care to understand how the use of occult practises on people can really harm a clients psychological well being. Of course this is just my personal opinion that I will leave up for debate.

Karma Sharing Power

I dont think one is giving into fear by doing protection spells. To answer your question it is of the mind and magick.
    I have seen other talismans that use a red string that distracts evil from you, like the sloped roof of asian buildings so that they slide off.

Initiate
    Karma Sharing Power

From what I understand red string/cords are used to create bonds between lovers, or perhaps it would depend on the magic system or spell type.

Karma Sharing Power

Default Re: Kabbalah Red Bracelet - Talismans

A friend of mine has a kabbalah bracelet from the Kabbalah Center. I read up on it a bit. It says they have an armed guard protect them as they go to the tomb of Rachel in Jerusalem to wrap the string around a rock. I'm curious if having that kind of protection/fear necessity of an armed guard taints the energy of the red string, like there's an aura of suspicion, insecurity necessitating an armed guard to be present.

I'm also wondering do you think an "official" red string have more power than another red string, or is it really the intention that matters most?

As far as I know, authentic Kabbalah doesn't recognize the red string and would liken it to paganism or superstition that has nothing to do with Authentic Kabbalah at all. Do you think it's just marketing, or is there really something to this red string warding off the evil eye?

Thread Information