Thread: What do you think Marijuana does for you spiritually and creatively?

☥ Self-proclaimed Tree Hugger, Yogi wannabe, spiritual Celtaur's Avatar
    Canada, it's warming up. The sun is shining. The birds are singing.
    Karma Sharing Power

Nature, Environment, Healing, Holistic What do you think Marijuana does for you spiritually and creatively?

I've read pot enthusiasts say marijuana is the Tree of Life mentioned in the Book of Genesis in the Torah/Bible.

I watched the movie Pineapple Express the other day, which is about pot and it was said in the movie that it's outlawed because "they" don't want your mind to be free.

Do you find marijuana has positive or negative attributes to living a spiritual life? Do you find your creativity is enhanced or diminished by marijuana, and what is your experience?
    The Meaning of Life is to Eat the Apple - Me

Wisdom comes from asking questions

Nothing really matters, love is all we need. - Madonna

I predict the weather will be unpredictable this year - Sylvia Browne

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind - Gandhi

If it doesn't make sense, it's usually not true. - Judge Judy

Servant of the Most High Mohandas's Avatar
    Karma Sharing Power

Default Re: What do you think Marijuana does for you spiritually and creatively?

I posed a question to a certain Baba (holy man) in India regarding the use of cannabis in the morning before doing yoga. He told me of charas (Hashish): "Charas is Shiv Prasad (a gift from Lord Shiva). It has the power to free your mind but unless you be of strong will and give full respect to this sacred preparation, your body will surely fall into the pit of sloth."

The practice of yoga while high on pot is not necessarily contrary to yogic philosophy...as long as we actually practice. According to Kalidas Baba, few and far between are the Babas who "wake and bake" while still managing the consistent practice of morning yoga. He maintains also that in the ritual smoking of the chillum (traditional clay tube used for smoking charas) during daylight hours, assana (posture) is of the utmost importance. To lay down, recline or give in to the urge to over-eat (munch) is to surrender to the tamasic aspects of ganja and the fall to slothfulness will certainly follow.

Finally, here's a quote from another famous 'Yogi' which I find quite fitting.

"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice- in practice there is." -Lawrence Peter "Yogi" Berra, American Baseball Legend (born May 12, 1925)

With Love'
    Mohandas

Karma Sharing Power

Default Re: What do you think Marijuana does for you spiritually and creatively?

It likely was the tree of life, the bible uses the word canehbossum, cannabis
    Alot of the comb, or honeycombs, were resinous buds.
    Jesus was the anointed one, it was likely hemp oil, hemp comes from the middle east, scythians,
    and realted to ancestor/death cults, opens world to spirits but also third eye.

It changes your perspective on reality and reorganizes your priorities..thus laziness can result,
    an informed laziness, however it is alot harder to buy a lie, you can see turth through their BS, so thats the main reason its illegal...
    besides being food fiber medicine and concrete/plastic and oil

Karma Sharing Power

What does marijuana do for me?

It makes me feel funny. Kind of like a sort of vibration or "buzz" through your body, but it's not like electricity. It must be the vibration of an emotional or etheric body or something.

When I first started smoking pot I noticed my own voice sounded different when I was high, as if I was listening more from outside my own head and throat and hearing less of the deeper reverberations that we only hear inside our bodies.

Someone above had a quote about it that mentioned a "pit of sloth." If you smoke a lot it'll make you feel tired, sleepy, even drowsy. Along the same lines it can make your will less focused if you get lazy/tired on it, making you apathetic and ultimately making you more passive/feminine in your behaviors. I've always personally associated marijuana with the Goddess and feminine tendencies in myself because of that.

Before doing lone ritual work it's completely cleared out my mind and sent me on an inner exploration of the ritual itself, usually leading to some revelation that I get the urge to write down and try to remember. The "buzz" it creates allows me to sit and calmly contemplate something in the ritual setting and seems to (sometimes -- I suppose when used properly and not so as to make you sleepy and tired) increase my sensitivity to inner thoughts and feelings.

Karma Sharing Power

As you know, marijuana is legal in a couple of states now, at least partially, where 30 grams (I think) is allowed to be on someone without legal repercussions.

I think once it becomes legal, I may try it again. I haven't in a long time because I just don't like the paranoia. If certain types come out that are standardized so you really know what you're getting and the effects I would try to get something that mellow's you out For Sure, rather than taking a chance in having getting into a downward spiral. I have found that it turns my adrenaline up, and my heartbeat, making me get shaky from feeling cold... not a good feeling so to me it makes no sense to even bother if it just makes me feel unpleasant.

I can see myself at some point in the future, going into a coffee-like-shop and purchasing some MJ and sipping a spot of tea if it gets to that point, and if it's relaxing. I have found it may stimulate creative thoughts, but I can have creative thoughts without it. I guess it just turns up the senses and makes it seem exciting when a creative thought passes through, making it seem bigger or more profound then when we're at a sober level.

Karma Sharing Power

as we know not all laws are moral...

cannabis is related to the 32nd path in qaballah on the tree of life between the astral moon and our physical world of earth, it is ruled by saturn, freedom and illusion/control/stagnation, sovereignty/perception, mimicking what mohandes said about the hindu version. I have found that it reduces lucid dreaming and dream recall, the ability to move on this path, yet also removes the veil of maya illusion of reality.

Karma Sharing Power

Saturn? makes sense... No wonder it makes me feel paranoid.

Thread Information