Thread: Tarot and Time Prediction?

☥ Self-proclaimed Tree Hugger, Yogi wannabe, spiritual Celtaur's Avatar
    Canada, it's warming up. The sun is shining. The birds are singing.
    Karma Sharing Power

Swords Tarot Air Tarot and Time Prediction?

I'm kind of not convinced on time prediction. Astrology tells time, according to movements of the planets, but what about Tarot? Do certain cards point to certain times?

I know someone who uses the numbered cards in the Lesser Arcana to indicate hours, but not clear on how exactly. What about the astrological association. Like if a card is associated to Leo for instance, would it be indicating mid-late summer as a time frame?
    The Meaning of Life is to Eat the Apple - Me

Wisdom comes from asking questions

Nothing really matters, love is all we need. - Madonna

I predict the weather will be unpredictable this year - Sylvia Browne

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind - Gandhi

If it doesn't make sense, it's usually not true. - Judge Judy

Karma Sharing Power

Default Re: Tarot and Time Prediction?

some put different attributions, but swords i put in spring wands summer cups winter pentacles fall
    but also as wach card has an astrological bent, each major arcana card represents a sun sign/constellation/ thus procession, the 72 cards represent a angel, angel in the 360 godhead/name of the circular procession.

Karma Sharing Power

Yes, I've tried to use tarot for timing with mixed results. Actually, the way I do it is that the following suits represent the seasons,

Wands: Spring
    Cups: Summer
    Swords: Autumn
    Disks: Winter

so, if I am doing a reading and someone asks me for a timing on when this will happen, I begin to turn over cards until I come to the ace of one of these suits. that is the season, and then the next card determines the week of that season. Aces are first week, Twos are the 2nd week, and so on. However, there are other things I pay attention to.

For example, the Sun card is generally thought of as Sunday, I read somewhere. I also look at cards such as the 8 of wands and seeing them fly through the air indicates to me something that is coming soon. Where as the 3 of wands tells me that it may be awhile before anything comes to be. Knights are another indication of how fast something will occur. that Knight of Swords is quite anxious looking speeding away on his horse, so that to me suggests soon, very soon, where as the knight of wands would suggest nothing soon coming to be. the knight of cups and the knight of pentacles all look like it's coming to be, but not anytime really soon. This sort of thing.

Karma Sharing Power

the three card layout is past present future as well as has positions in the celtic cross spread

Karma Sharing Power

Quote Originally Posted by Celtaur View Post
    I'm kind of not convinced on time prediction. Astrology tells time, according to movements of the planets, but what about Tarot? Do certain cards point to certain times?

I know someone who uses the numbered cards in the Lesser Arcana to indicate hours, but not clear on how exactly. What about the astrological association. Like if a card is associated to Leo for instance, would it be indicating mid-late summer as a time frame?
    Yes you can use the zodiac of procession to indicate the time on the solar year with the major arcana...

Also the fool would mean possibilities but not a physical reality yet...same as cups and swords a mental or astral reality but not physical reality yet on the casual planes or 4 worlds.......that would be indicated by coins earth or spiritually affected wands.
    death, end, new beginning
    devil controlled by time restrictions (saturn time and space)
    the hanged man things are at a pause right now

Thread Information