Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rosy cross hermetic gnostic symbols

Karma Sharing Power

Default Rosy cross hermetic gnostic symbols

☥ Self-proclaimed Tree Hugger, Yogi wannabe, spiritual Celtaur's Avatar
    Canada, it's warming up. The sun is shining. The birds are singing.
    Karma Sharing Power

Default Re: Rosy cross hermetic gnostic symbols

Fantastic Video. Thank you.
    The Meaning of Life is to Eat the Apple - Me

Wisdom comes from asking questions

Nothing really matters, love is all we need. - Madonna

I predict the weather will be unpredictable this year - Sylvia Browne

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind - Gandhi

If it doesn't make sense, it's usually not true. - Judge Judy

Karma Sharing Power

That was a cool video. I like alchemical art. It always seems so complete. It is very serious, which is nice. I like all the colors on the Rosy Cross. They are very celebratory. To me the two snakes near the sun with wings first looked like sea horses to me! (Was that the symbol for a perfected soul? I think it was...)

Also, I am glad that ambulances have caduceuses on them. I have been in a couple ambulances these past few years and that symbol was like the only thing I liked about it. I was like, at least the medical people give occultism some credit. So I respected them for that.

From Romeo and Juliet:
    Tybalt: "...peace! I hate the word. As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee."
    -Shakespeare

Karma Sharing Power

I just love that version of the R+C. (The one from the back of Thoth deck - The G.D. one) There is soooo much in it. Love the way the 3, 7 22 petals show the color scheme in color wheels - you dont get that from a lineal chart. And drawing up and painting one yourself ... what fun!

Karma Sharing Power

The hebrew letters are on the petals that when connected draw a sigil of spirits used to evoke

Karma Sharing Power

Sorry, I am not understanding the grammer. Are you saying that if one draws a line from letter to letter (the Hebrew letters on the petals) in some specific order it creates a geometric shape that can be used to evoke spirits?

What is the order to follow? What shape? What spirit? ..... you're such a tease ...

Karma Sharing Power

yes
    you start at the first letter of the spirits name, usually a planetary spirit of a sefirot, like you would draw on a magic square
    If thou wilt trace the Sigil of any word or name either in the Air, or written
    upon paper, thou shalt commence with a circle at the point of the initial letter
    on the Rose, and draw with thy magical weapon a line from this circle unto the
    place of the next letter of the name. Continue this, until thou hast finished the
    word which the letters compose. If two letters of the same sort, such as two
    Beths or Gimels, come together, thou shalt represent the same by a crook or
    wave in the line at that point.
    And if there be a letter, as Resh in Metatron, through which the line passeth to
    another letter and which yet formeth part of the name, thou shalt make a noose
    in the line at that point thus: (____0___) to make the same.
    If thou art drawing the Sigil thou mayest work it in the respective colours of the
    letters and add these together to form a synthesis of colour. Thus the Sigil of
    Metatron shall be:
    blue, greenish-yellow, orange, red-orange, and greenish-blue: the synthesis will
    be a reddish-citron.

the dot is where you start

Karma Sharing Power

Yes. I get it now; as a magick square, using tne letters directly instead of having to transfer to their number value ( as in a magic square). So using a planetary 'magic' square one is using the planetary energy (governer, king, intelligence, etc), and using the rose is for the planetary energy of the sephiroth. ? A higher phase of the planetary energy?

I'm familiar with the process in magic squares but always wondered where the actual 'technology' came from, especially the bits about doubles, loops, ends, etc. Well .... there it is. Can you supply the source? Pleeease. (Looks like G.D. Adaption of Aggria, or something ? - Now How'd I miss that? )

Karma Sharing Power

I think it was from John Dee
    the square is for planetary energy and possibly their spirits, I have my own method of using and obtaining sigils, but as many people use these sigils including self, they have power, when you use a sigil it was derived from one of these two methods so you dont have to trace it out unless arcane and possible channeled.
    The sigil is for both planetary and other spirits using the hebrew letters in their name adapted by the GD
    Both reach the subconcious doors, such as an alphabet in different languages have a common theme or pattern or any symbol

The other thing about the rose cross, it is a sealing of the energetic body ritual in which crosses are drawn in the cross quarters and i think above and below as well, akin to cloaking.

The other other thing is it represents spirit and matter the rose and the cross,
    as well as tipareth as the flower and the lower cross of personality on the tree of life.
    the rose is venus, sub rosa means secret or under the rose which was present to signify a meeting in which the contents were to be kept quiet, the royal houses or war of the roses.

Karma Sharing Power

Thanks. B. I pulled out my G. D. this morning and there it was at the begining of section on sigils and talismans. Like I said, dont know how I been missing that. It also gives the heirarchy of celestial beings that are appropriate for use on the R+C and those for use on magic squares.

Have you ever made a planetary 'mandala' by 'joining the dots' , ie. 1 to n consecutivly on a kamea (then paint with the four color scales)?

rather interesting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information