+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No Mind/No Thought

Apprentice
    Karma Sharing Power

Default No Mind/No Thought

As a spiritual teacher I share the concept of "no thought". This concept is based on my belief that we are spirit and spirit is perfect (already). No thought is the demonstration of that belief/idea.

As with all Ideas I encounter (my own or others) I take every Idea through a "process": I ask my self first...how does it "feel" to me, then I ask myself does it make sense, then I rub it against other spiritual teachings from Masters that have walked this plane and finally I try it out.

Metaphysic's teaches us that we create with our thought: If we have a positive thought...we create a positive experience. If we have a negative thought...we create a negative experience. But what happens when I take no thought to an appearance? Who creates then?

Thoughts are ideas...based on beliefs...at least that is my interpretation : ) The mind is like a computer program...everything we have every experienced is stored in our subconsciousmind (I am also a hypnotist) If our subconsciousmind recognizes a pattern, it forms a belief. Beliefs create our experience. Because we experience it...our beliefs are validated and so on...a vicious circle.

In order to step out of this circle we have to break the "spell" a belief holds over us: simply look at it. Thoughts feed off attention, by simply looking at them without judgment they are brought to light (consciousness). In the light of Truth they disappear.

Why no mind/no thought is so powerful is because we are already. The only thing that separates us from being one with the father/One/Oneness is thought. God is just a thought away. We are already...but the moment we take thought we "work" from the mind...memory and separate ourselves (seemingly) from that which we are.

God is our very being...before being anything. I am....is simply I am...not I am this or that. It is in the identification with mind that we become two (separate)...which of course is an illusion...we can never be separted from that which we are.
    May your awareness be perfect

Apprentice
    Karma Sharing Power

Jesus said (something like) "Take no thought for you life nor for your body, for what you will eat or wear nor for tomorrow...those things will be taken care of.

SUZUKI-ROSHI:The power of the warrior mind is its ability to act from a state of "No Mind", with technique arising effortlessly out of emptiness. As a mirror reflects objects without clinging to the images, the "Warrior Mind" is free to flow from one object to the next without impediment. From this state arises instinctive wisdom, the power that allows ordinary people to perform extraordinary feats.

The no-mind not-thinks no-thoughts about no-things - The Buddah

The undisturbed mind is like the calm body water reflecting the brilliance of the moon. Empty the mind and you will realize the undisturbed mind. - Yagyu Jubei

"The river has no shape, but it takes on the boundaries which it carves out for itself, so is the mind boundless, until it creates a prison for its own thoughts."

To the mind that is still the whole universe surrenders - Lao Tzu

Mother Amma once said,'Once you are established in the state of no-mind, no one can do anything to you, unless you consciously let them do it. You can allow something to happen or not to happen. Whether it happens or not, you remain a witness - completely untouched and unpeturbed, ever established in the state of supreme detachment.

Suppose someone wants to harm you or even kill you. They cannot lift a finger against you if you do not permit it. As long as your sankalpa (resolve) is there, nothing they do can affect you. They will in some mysterious way always fail. Finally they might reach the conclusion that something, some divine power, is protecting you. But this power is the infinite power of the Self, it is not some power that comes from outside.The source of this power is within you. You become that infinite power.

When you are egoless you are everything. The entire universe is with an enlightened being. Even the animals, trees, mountains and rivers, and the sun and the moon and the stars are on the side of the Self-Realized soul - because in that state you are ego less. When you bow down before all existence, in utter humility, the universe (existence) bows down to you and serves you. But remember that you can also command them to turn against you, because, either way you are not affected."

Maitreya says:"Whoever, whatever, whenever you are, tread the divine water cleanliness which is detachment. I have not come to teach you anything new. Be honest to yourself, sincere to yourself, and be detached.

This method is so simple, so sweet, it is free from religions, ideologies, politics. It makes one experience who one is. Fulfill your role, yet be free.

Rumi -"Let the water settle; you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your being." --"Out beyond the ideas of right-doing or wrong-doing there is a field - I'll meet you there."

OSHO:"85 - think nothing"
    "Thinking no thing will limited-self unlimit" "That's what I was saying. If there is no object to your attention, you are nowhere; or you are everywhere, you are free. You have become freedom. This second sutra says: Thinking no thing - or thinking nothing - will self unlimit." "If you are not thinking you are unlimited. Thinking gives you limit, and there are many types of limit."

"Realizing the View subtly but completely transforms your vision of everything. More and more, I have come to realize how thoughts and concepts are all that block us from always being, quite simply, in the absolute. Now I see clearly why the masters so often say: “Try hard not to create too much hope and fear,” for they only engender more mental gossip. When the View is there, thoughts are seen for what they truly are: fleeting and transparent, and only relative. You see through everything directly, as if you had X-ray eyes. You do not cling to thoughts and emotions or reject them; you welcome them all within the vast embrace of Rigpa. The things you took so seriously before—ambitions, plans, expectations, doubts, and passions—no longer have any deep and anxious hold on you, for the View has helped you to see the futility and pointlessness of them all, and born in you a spirit of true renunciation."Sogyal Rinpoche

☥ Self-proclaimed Tree Hugger, Yogi wannabe, spiritual Celtaur's Avatar
    Canada, it's warming up. The sun is shining. The birds are singing.
    Karma Sharing Power

Is the "mind" the creative force, directing universal will, Gods will?

I think that consciousness and mind have been used interchangeably by great spiritual thinkers, then when moving into the definition of mind as exclusive to thoughts as in the chattering, labeling, words, it has been deemed as a veil, that which separates from the ultimate truth.

The bible also states that in the beginning was the Word and that all was created by the Word. This can be seen as synonymous to AUM in Hinduism as the divine creative source of all things which manifests into the physical realm among all other dimensional realms.

I think that humanity has been given the gift of mind for an important reason and it should not be fully excluded as its role in living as humanity is vital.

"All is Mind" ~ Hermes Trismegistus. I believe he was referring to the underlying source of all things as consciousness that is the creative force of all reality.

I think consciousness and mind can be interchangeable, but also can be seen as differentiated from that of conscious awareness / no mind from ego / thought processes / incessant chattering mind.
    The Meaning of Life is to Eat the Apple - Me

Wisdom comes from asking questions

Nothing really matters, love is all we need. - Madonna

I predict the weather will be unpredictable this year - Sylvia Browne

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind - Gandhi

If it doesn't make sense, it's usually not true. - Judge Judy

Apprentice
    Karma Sharing Power

There is no world without mind.....but who is the creator? To whom does the world appear? And which world are we talking about? Yours or mine?

As long as the world appears to ever witness different...it can not be "Real". We have to doubt what we perceive since everyone is perceiving something different.

To think is to have doubt. Think about it LOL The only time we think is when we don't know. Does God think?

Karma Sharing Power

Default Re: No Mind/No Thought

Thank you. Because of your post, I was healed.
    I bow in gratitude.

Karma Sharing Power

Default Re: No Mind/No Thought

I do not beleive in no mind no thought, it is only ONE practice in learning meditation from buddhist monks to ONLY teach one to focus. after that more advanced techniques were taught, alot of people have this misconception about meditation

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information